Monday, March 8, 2010

Best out of Waste

Like all the countless women out there, I am constantly fighting the 'Battle of Bulge'. Why is it that we gain weight so fast and losing it takes forever! On my way to morning walk a few days back (I follow a five-day-week….weekends are off:-D), I noticed a fellow resident in my apartment had left a wooden piece of furniture in the stairway. At first day I thought how could someone just leave unwanted stuff like that and not dispose it the right way? But then maybe it was left for the house-keeping guys and they would eventually take it away. The second day it was still lying there. And the third day too…! By fourth day, the creative bug had finally bitten me. So this is what I did…

  1. I got it home!! Wiped off the dust and made it clean.

  2. I then coated it with brown paint.

  3. I wanted to get real plants, but wasn't able to find any nursery nearby. So I went and bought some artificial potted plants.

  4. And now it stands at the entrance of my main door!


And this is how it looks!


I can keep changing the display. Real plants will look great too. I have a set of terracotta pots which I can arrange on some days. Maybe in Diwali I will keep some diyas. Oh what fun I had doing this! And my lovely neighbors appreciated it too!

What joy! But sigh…tomorrow on my way to morning walk, all I will think of again is my WEIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment